The term 'our services' refers to: our websites; our mobile sites; our games; search engine optimisation; social media management; analytic, or content services each as we may own or operate. If you interact with our services for any purpose, we will call you a 'user' or 'visitor' in this policy.
When do we collect information?
We may ask for information about you to provide you an efficient and customised experience, for example when you:
- Use our website.
- Click on one of our adverts- as part of the Google Display Network or Facebook and Twitter advertising.
- Give us a testimonial or other feedback.
- Enter competitions or special promotions- via our website or social networks such as Twitter or Facebook.
- Fill in surveys.
- Email us, contact us through our website or contact us in other ways.
How do we collect information?
We collect information about which of our services you use and how you use them, such as when you visit our website- our data analytics service records that visit, using cookies or other similar identifiers such as pixel tags (For more information, see our Cookies policy here). This information may include:
- Location information
- Log information, such as your IP address
- Device information, such as what browser you are using
- Interaction information, such as pages visited
This information does not allow us to personally identify you. We collect it from all visitors to our website and analyse it. This lets us build up a picture of how people use our website and ways in which we could improve the user experience.
Google Analytics provides data about the visits made to our website. For more information on Google's privacy policies in general and as regards its analytic services, please see:
www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy and www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Currently we operate an 'implied consent' policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use our website, or you should delete MCM Net cookies after having used our services. You can also use our website services by using your browser's anonymous usage setting (called "Incognito" in Chrome, "InPrivate Browsing" for Internet Explorer, "Private Browsing" in Firefox and Safari etc.). Our services may not work properly if you reject our cookies.
How we use your information
We may use information about your use of the services to, among other things:
- Compile reports that help us to understand how people interact with our website or track a visitor's progress through our online service over time.
- Track the use of our internet banner adverts and other links from our marketing partners' online services to our website.
We may contact you:
- About information you have asked for, in order to answer a request.
- If you have given us feedback, to discuss that feedback or ask your permission to publish it.
- To invite you take part in surveys about our services.
- To make you aware of current or new services available from MCM Net and those of our business partners (those businesses we work which to provide identical, similar or complementary services to web design and internet marketing) in the form of an email newsletter, email communication or by phone.
Is your information secure?
Your information is not shared with any third parties outside of MCM Net. Occasionally we may be asked to provide information to governmental and enforcement agencies, such as Trading Standards and the police. If this occurs, and there is a valid legal basis for providing your personal information, we will provide it to the organisation asking for it.
We will only share identifiable personal information with our business partners where you ask us to or consent to us doing so. On occasion we may share collated, non-personally identifiable information publicly or with clients and partners, such as publishers, advertisers, business partners, or connected sites, but the information we provide will not include details that would allow any individual or organisation to personally identify you.
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We have put in place technology and security policies which are designed to protect the personal information that we hold about you. We follow the strict security procedures that the DPA requires. These cover storing, using and releasing any information you have provided, and preventing unauthorised access or use.